Leading Mentors & Experts Train You To Grow Your Dental Practice
Study Live Online with Peers & Experts For Collaboration & Motivation
DR. SHAHIN SAFARIAN
VP Wells Fargo Practice Finance
Solution Reach, tools and methods for improving patient relationships and optimizes the patient experience.
The Virtual Study Club helps you collaborate with peers and experts in online working sessions built around focus topics and productive interaction. You are not alone in your journey to grow your practice. We are there with you every step of the way.
BENEFITS OF BEING IN A VIRTUAL STUDY CLUB FOR DENTISTS
Using Virtual Study Groups is a very effective strategy for enhancing learning and sharing thoughts and ideas. This is because groups share unique insights and learn from each other. Group members can also teach confusing concepts they understand to other group members.
Depending on the members and atmosphere, study groups can be either help a person grow or can pull a person down. These advantages are only present in good study groups.
- Procrastination Solution – Because study groups meet at regular times, attending students cannot procrastinate. If alone, a student might postpone studying and improving himself until just anytime he feels like it. When in a study group, however, students have to be present at a specific time, and they are not able to procrastinate (unless they skip the study group completely). If you struggle with procrastination and being stuck in your life, practice and business, a study group might just be the solution for you.
- Learn Faster – Working together, students in study groups can generally learn faster than students working alone. For instance, some things, ideas and concepts seem completely confusing to you could be quite clear to another student. In a study group, instead of spending valuable time puzzling over the difficulty, you can learn quickly by simply asking a question. In addition, you can help your fellow students when they have difficulties understanding something that you do understand.
- Get New Perspectives – If you study by yourself, you will always see your material from the same perspective over and over again. While this may not be a problem, getting fresh perspectives on a topic can help you learn it more thoroughly. Study groups are the perfect places to find these new perspectives. As you listen and ask questions, you will soon start noticing a wide variety of different viewpoint on the same idea. This will force you to think more about your position and will, therefore, develop your critical thinking skills while helping you study and improve.
- Learn New Skills – In addition to learning new perspectives on a topic, you can also find new techniques. Each individual develops his own particular methods. While yours may work excellently, you probably can still find ways to improve your abilities and sharpen your mind. By joining a study group, you will have opportunity to observe a wide variety of methods in action. After considering the pros and cons, you can improve your own regimen by incorporating the best methods with your own. In addition, you can help your other study members improve by sharing your favorite tricks and somewhat force yourself to be more organized.
- Breaks The Monotony – Studying and learning this field and business by yourself can become a monotonous activity. However, by joining a study group, you can break this monotony and learn faster. Because of the social aspect of a study group, you will always have someone to discuss the topic with when you start struggling or find the topic tedious. In addition, the auditory factor of study groups can help auditory learners and students who dislike the silence of learning alone. If you find life and business particularly boring and tedious, consider joining a study group to make it more enjoyable. Study groups encourage members to think out loud and explain their positions or ideas. This helps with building communication skills. The give-and-take in a study group expands the learning experience and someone always has a fresh idea.
- Fill In Learning Gaps – Study groups provide an excellent opportunity to fill in gaps in your notes or knowledgebase. By comparing notes and ideas with other students, you can evaluate your accuracy, fix any errors, and get ideas for better implementation. If, on the other hand, you are a great dental business owner, you can help other students who have problems fixing their mistakes and learn better techniques.
- Practice for the “Real World” – Working with your peers in a study group gives you an excellent opportunity to hone your people skills. You will often find yourself working with colleagues on projects in a very similar group dynamic. If you come across a difficult situation in your study group, you can use it to practice your collaboration abilities. People who participate in study groups feel more confident about reaching their academic goals and are more comfortable in interview situations.
- Access information at any time – With our Virtual Study Club you can access the information you need to make your practice a success! Join our online community and learn from the best in the industry. Get the support you need as a dentist to run your practice like a business not as your passion.
Conclusion: Before you go and join a virtual study group, remember that all groups are not created equal. Choose your companions that are in the same field and niche as you so you can compliment and help each other out.